Set-Harddisk Activity

Aug 15, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I am building a workflow that involves the set-harddisk activity.  I'm using filters to distinguish between hard disks assuming that the VM has more than one.  I've explicity created the filter where name equals Hard disk 1.  When testing it, only Hard disk 1 shows in the results, but when I go to vSphere, the set-harddisk command was executed once for each hard disk I had on the VM.

I'm hoping someone else can duplicate my results or that someone can help me figure out how to work it appropriately.

FYI, I'm running this IP in System Center Orchestrator 2012 Beta.  Everything is working flawlessly so far with the exception of this filter.

I also ran this in my Opalis 6.3 environment with the same issue.

I feel like this activity should be translated into:

get-harddisk -vm $myvm| where {$_.name -eq "Hard disk 1"}| set-harddisk -capacitykb $value

It feels more like:

get-harddisk -vm $myvm| set-harddisk -capactiykb $value | where{$_.name -eq "Hard disk1"}

And that doesn't actually do anything.

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Hey Thanks for the heads up. There are a number of improvements I am going to be making to this integration pack soon ™ and will take a look at this as well, could you please file it in the issue tracker? I am going to be looking at how to ‘upgrade’ the IP with Microsoft without needing to do the re-import dance

Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 12:01 PM
To: Ryan Andorfer
Subject: Set-Harddisk Activity [OpalisVMWareIP:269134]

I am building a workflow that involves the set-harddisk activity. I'm using filters to distinguish between hard disks assuming that the VM has more than one. I've explicity created the filter where name equals Hard disk 1. When testing it, only Hard disk 1 shows in the results, but when I go to vSphere, the set-harddisk command was executed once for each hard disk I had on the VM.

I'm hoping someone else can duplicate my results or that someone can help me figure out how to work it appropriately.

FYI, I'm running this IP in System Center Orchestrator 2012 Beta. Everything is working flawlessly so far with the exception of this filter.

I also ran this in my Opalis 6.3 environment with the same issue.

I feel like this activity should be translated into:

get-harddisk -vm $myvm| where {$_.name -eq "Hard disk 1"}| set-harddisk -capacitykb $value

It feels more like:

get-harddisk -vm $myvm| set-harddisk -capactiykb $value | where{$_.name -eq "Hard disk1"}

And that doesn't actually do anything.