Set Hard Disk is returning Get-HardDisk cmdlet errors

Apr 28, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Looks like Set Hard Disk is starting the wrong cmdlet, or is this correct?

Regards

Carl

Apr 28, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Its correct.  The Set-Harddisk cmdlet first calls a get hard disk to get the 'hard disk' object you want to modify.  That object is then passed to set-harddisk with the changes you specify

http://opalisvmwareip.codeplex.com/SourceControl/Changeset/view/8147#57114 

Jun 28, 2011 at 9:54 PM

If it is calling the get-harddisk cmdlet first, how do you specify the parameters of that cmdlet?  For example, "get-harddisk -vm $myvm"  The selectable properties of the set hard disk object are strictly the parameters available to the set-harddisk cmdlet.  From what I understand, it is eliminating the ability to set a hard disk based on a vm name. 

If I am understanding this wrong, enlightenment is appreciated.  This is fantastic what you are heading up.

Will

Jun 28, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Hey Will,

Thanks for the heads up on this object, I need to re-code it a bit so that it works like the set network adapter command. When it is finished you will be able to specify which disk on which server you want.

-Ryan

Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:54 PM
To: Ryan Andorfer
Subject: Re: Set Hard Disk is returning Get-HardDisk cmdlet errors [OpalisVMWareIP:255593]

If it is calling the get-harddisk cmdlet first, how do you specify the parameters of that cmdlet? For example, "get-harddisk -vm $myvm" The selectable properties of the set hard disk object are strictly the parameters available to the set-harddisk cmdlet. From what I understand, it is eliminating the ability to set a hard disk based on a vm name.

If I am understanding this wrong, enlightenment is appreciated. This is fantastic what you are heading up.

Will

Jul 7, 2011 at 3:23 PM

This has been fixed along with “remove-harddisk” and a few other bug fixes

Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:54 PM
To: Ryan Andorfer
Subject: Re: Set Hard Disk is returning Get-HardDisk cmdlet errors [OpalisVMWareIP:255593]

If it is calling the get-harddisk cmdlet first, how do you specify the parameters of that cmdlet? For example, "get-harddisk -vm $myvm" The selectable properties of the set hard disk object are strictly the parameters available to the set-harddisk cmdlet. From what I understand, it is eliminating the ability to set a hard disk based on a vm name.

If I am understanding this wrong, enlightenment is appreciated. This is fantastic what you are heading up.

Will